This is all new
I often do not think of what it means to be "new". As a Christian, I am often forget that God has made me to be a new creation. It hit me this morning as I was driving, just how this "newness" has been shown to me so faithfully by God - I often forget. God does make all things new. Thank you God.
Part of the newness in our life from God is an upcoming move to Lacombe, Alberta. We are very excited to get the next chapter of our lives underway, but so much to do and I must admit that I hate moving!!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to look at it as one day at a time type of thing. Colleen and the boys are equally excited as I am - that is a good thing. It will be fun to be in a new church community and a new community to learn, see and grow as individuals and as a family. Can't wait!
Last night was Cameron's soccer game. As the "head coach", and not really knowing soccer, it has been fun. I am glad that Jeff is along to help otherwise the kids would not be able to hear me. My voice is still not great and I am hoping that the trip to the allegrist on June 6, will begin to change that. Anyways, back to the soccer game. Our team won 5-1 and still remain undefeated. We tied the same team last time we played them - so I was pumped after the game. At this point, we are the best team in the league and I think that while Jeff and I do not have the soccer expertise, we are able to motivate the kids and make it fun for them - they seem to be enjoying it.
Tonight, back to being a baseball dad and maybe even coaching at 3rd base. I love watching Andrew play baseball and watching Cameron play soccer - this is a great time in our lives as a family!
One sad note - on the way to Regina today, I totally decapitated a meadowlark - it flew into the front of the van. Sad note.
Colleen and I also watched the end of American Idol last night - each year I get sucked into it - do not know why, but I do. Taylor Hicks won, and I am not sure how I feel about that. Taylor will be interesting to watch in the future and I wonder if his first album will called "Soul Patrol".
Later,
Steven

3 Comments:
To my one true Moose Jaw Pastor and his family. First, congratulations on the move. Are you moving because you are the new Lead Pastor or because you need to leave Saskatchewan? Second, Congratulations on the first blog! Erin, Nathaniel, Abigail and I wish you all the best that God has in store for you. Keep us updated on what happens in the life of the MacCuaig’s.
10:19 a.m.
wow P. Adam, we meet again!
anyways, i remember playing baseball (softball) when i was little and i could never actually catch the ball so when i finally did catch a ball (i was playing left field) it was a pretty awesome moment, and i remember looking for the ball when it was in my glove all along.
10:29 a.m.
Hey man ... welcome to the blogosphere. Congrats again on the move. It sucks (for us) to see you guys go, but we're also excited that God is trusting you with a new opportunity.
Sorry to hear about the meadowlark. That must have been a pretty colourful explosion.
Too bad it wasn't a cat instead.
1:39 p.m.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home