A view into the life of a man who is trying to do what God wants him to do, love his wife passionately and raise his boys to be outstanding men.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Where does time go?

I cannot believe that it has been a week since my last blog. Time just seems to be slipping by and once September comes look out!:)
Cameron had a great week at football camp. He is playing Defensive tackle this year and he likes to play there, so I think that it will be good for him to be there. The camp was very well run and he loved the food. Colleen and I enjoyed watching the moments that we got to watch too.
We had a big storm go through Saturday night and knock down one of the big trees across the street at the park. Colleen and I heard it fall - it was pretty exciting - we did not know what might happen next - fortuneately, God was watching over us and protected us.
Yesterday was a great day at church. The Holy Spirit was moving in a couple peoples lives and I am hoping that we can continue to allow God to move in our midst. It is great to see God build His Church, and I am just trying to make sure that I am out of the way! I find myself pastoring differently, which I guess is good, but I am not trying to do everything, nor I am trying to work more than 45 hours a week. I must admit that it is a different feeling.
We did have a family take us out for brunch yesterday and then we were invited out for BBQ'ed steak last night. I was having a hard time jogging this morning! Did I tell you that I have started jogging? I am jogging with a friend from the church Kevin. We started last week - it is good, but I must admit that I am sore this afternoon from this morning's excursion.
Cameron and Andrew got to drive motor bikes last night at the house we were at. Andrew just loves speed and we had to keep a tight rope around him - he would full out all the time, if we let him. The child is going to scare me when it comes time to learning to drive a car.
The weather for the last week has been beautiful and we have enjoyed some lovely walks and bike rides as a family around some of the "lakes" that are found in many of the communities in Lacombe. Should go. Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home