A view into the life of a man who is trying to do what God wants him to do, love his wife passionately and raise his boys to be outstanding men.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Remembering An Old Song

Today, as I was packing and thinking about our boy's last day at school and saying good bye to friends, I could not but help remember Michael W Smith's song "Friends". The song begins "packing up the dreams" and it took me back in my life when I have packed to leave somewhere. To leave Brantford to come to Moose Jaw, leaving Hamilton for Brantford, getting married and moving out of my parents' house, every school year at the end in Bible College and Seminary as I said good bye to friends who graduated or me as I graduated to my non-graduating friends. Life is full of change and yet I have found that God is always faithful. We have made friends all along the way and most of them we have been able to stay in regular contact with. Sunday, Ruth organized a brunch with some of our friends and it was a chance to say good bye again. It is never easy, but always important to do.
Today was a hard day for the boys, but they have already made new friends in Lacombe, that should help in this transition. God has made us to be in relationship with others - it is nice when it hurts to say good-bye, that means they are real friends - I am thankful that we have those type of friends.
Today was also a birthday/farewell party for Andrew with eight of his friends at Burger King. It was fun and the two hours go by fast. It was fun watching children interact with you - it also made me thankful that the boys are who they are - Colleen and I are truly blessed as parents.
Report cards came home today and both boys did great - there will have to be a reward figured out for those good marks.
We are off to Lacombe in the morning. Colleen has a job interview tomorrow at 4 pm. We have been amazed by God's goodness in the midst of all these changes. Please pray that everything goes well. We are also taking some other resumes, it blows us away how many jobs there are in Alberta. We are praying that a job for Colleen may happen on this trip.
Talking of the trip, I have to go and pack - will write when we get back from Lacomber and let you know how things go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home