Moments that I will cherish forever
Thursday night was an amazing night. I was home and so I decided that when the boys went to bed that I would do more than just my normal bedtime routine, I would lie down with both of them seperately and spend a few minutes unpacking their days and their week so far.
I am so glad that I did. I had great talks with both Cameron and Andrew. They are both growing up so fast and I realized again that it will not be that long and Cam will be off to university or college somewhere.
I remember my dad lying down with me in bed and there are times that I will always cherish that I had with my dad. I hope that I am creating memories for the boys like that. Cam and AJ are turning into fine young men and I am very proud of both of them. I am glad that we still have years to come with them living at home, but Thursday night was a great reminder that this will not go on forever - be the best dad that I can be today, tomorrow and in the years to come - God, please grant me this prayer, not for me, but for Cam, Andrew and someday my grandchildren. Amen

3 Comments:
Teddy.... that made my spine tingle...
You're a good dad.... Your dad would be proud!!!
6:22 p.m.
Thanks buddy and I hope that I am a good dad - but I have failed to turn them into Leaf fans though! :(
6:39 p.m.
ummmm that is one of the good parts!!!
7:17 p.m.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home