Silence is Golden?
Today, I have been reflecting on what has been going on in our lives and I wish that I could say that I really know. Until late February, I had no idea that there were problems/issues whatever you want to call them. I had a gut feeling that something was not right, but I could never really put a finger on it.
There was silence, absolute silence until February 26th and since then, there have been days that I wish would be silent. I resigned last night, not knowing what the issues were that were creating the concern in the first place - I am not creating lasting relationships, and yet, why are there ten or more families who have thanked us for being their good friends. They are not people who are part of the core, they are new, they are fringe, but Colleen and I felt that they were the people that God was calling us to reach out to. Some of these people came to Christ through our ministry, marriages were saved and redeemed, people were being baptized, people were being transformed - but I guess while we were friendly with everyone, we were not friendly enough with the "right" people. I feel that to have that many qualtity relationships in almost three years is not too bad with everything else that we have been involved with.
At the moment, I am feeling very frustrated - to be doing what I feel that God is calling me to do everyday and to be told that I am not making enough of an impact is mind boggling to me. So here I am back to you God - saying that I trust you, I love you and I believe that you will take care of me and our family - that should be enough - but in my heart of hearts, I know that I want more - so today the battle has been ongoing - and I think that God is winning - I am taking them off of my hook and putting them on God's hook. Hard but freeing - so gracious God give me the strength each and every day to make a difference for your kingdom, and to reflect you and your teachings in your Word.
Verse of the day that God gave me during devotions today: "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you, He will never fail you nor abandon you." Deuteronomy 31:8 May it be so in my heart Lord Jesus

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home