A view into the life of a man who is trying to do what God wants him to do, love his wife passionately and raise his boys to be outstanding men.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A New Day

So here it is Tuesday morning, the sky is grey, I guess that is how I have been feeling. I have done some raking and put fertilizer on the lawn so far today and it was great to be doing something that takes my mind off the circumstances that we find ourselves in.

Sunday went well I believe. I finished as I wanted to and that was great - it was tempting to take a pot shot or two, but I resisted that and did what I felt Jesus wanted me to do. If there is something that I have learned through this process, it is that true freedom comes from being able to not repay evil for evil and to learn to turn the other cheek. Many things have been said about me, that I do not believe to be true, to defend myself makes it look like I think they are true. I keep focusing on the word of Jesus, "the truth will set you free". I feel that I am really learning what Jesus meant by that verse. My dad use to say "never argue with a fool, because a passerby will not know who the fool is", not as eloquent as Jesus, but maybe it conveys the same idea.

I have been reading Philippians a lot in the last week - chapter 1:6 and 2:5-11 have encouraged me, but also challenged me. I know that there are things that I need to learn through this process and while I keep praying for God to transform my life, it is not this type of transformation that I am looking for! :) God is good and we as a family are trying to rest in that. Yesterday was a hard day for us - reality hit - we were all tired and grumpy with one another - but we got through it, that is the main thing.

I spent some time yesterday looking for a job, and I must admit that is a huge concern for me, I keep releasing that to God, and I am sure that I will be doing a lot of releasing. I have been thinking a lot about the life of Peter. Peter was resilient and did not give up following Jesus and serving Him, though he made some serious blunders - John 21, recounts Jesus asking Peter three times if he loved Him, and each time Peter said, yes Lord. Jesus response was "feed my sheep". I desire to be the same as Peter and know and believe that God is going to use us in the future - we have enough people that want to be in a small gourp right now, it is enough for at least two small groups - so we will have to pray about this moving forward. I have no doubt that we could plant another church in Lacombe, but that is not really deep in my heart at this point.

Thank you for your prayers - we need them and know that moving forward God will answer our prayers - as I keep telling myself and the boys, God may not give us what we want, but He will give us what we need. Thank you God for your love and care! Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home