Packing and dreaming
It is a good thing to move every once in a while - it makes you realize all the junk that you live with!:) In the midst of packing some things up, I am looking at clothes and thinking, I have not worn this for three years, why am I keeping it? So, I move it into the Salvation Army pile. Furniture and other things would move very quickly if we lived in town and could have a garage sale - but since we live right on the prairies, we are finding other ways of getting rid of things.
My project is just about done and I am glad. It has been a lot of work but it has been very worthwhile. I have learned vvery much. I am getting ready to spend more time dreaming about Lacombe and ministry in Lacombe. Looks like the move will happen July 10th and to finish this project and get it handed in on Monday means I can really focus my attention on packing and getting our appliances ready to go.
Colleen got a call yesterday from a Petrochemical company that she had applied to, and she has a phone interview on Monday and a personal interview on Thursday. So, Colleen and I will be heading to Lacombe on Wednesday afternoon and turning around and coming back Thursday after her interview. Whether she gets the job or not, it is just great to see how God works.
This morning I was listening to one of our Selah CD's. One of the songs that they sing on the CD is "I Need Thee Every Hour". It reminded me of the night that I resigned. I listened to that on the way to the church and on the way home - God gave me complete peace in the midst of everything that was going on - certainly we do need God every momemt of every day and if there has been one thing that has stood out to me about the last year it is just how much I need God, and just how much He is there! I hope and pray that you can say the same. I have to go now - time to wash dishes - did I tell you that the new house has a dishwasher besides me?! Yahooooooo!:)

2 Comments:
What was this project you have been working on? If you are allowed to tell.
11:25 a.m.
The project that I have been working on is for Westhill Park Baptist Church in Regina. I was looking at the viability of a congregational plant in the South East area of Regina
12:56 p.m.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home